The Lithuanian Business Forum is the most important arena where the country's business leaders share their experience, lessons learned, insights and trends. Vilma Bružienė, the head of the Ergolain group of companies, spoke at the forum about sustainability, and more precisely why it is worth devoting time, energy and resources to companies already integrating sustainability aspects into business strategies.
- Sustainability is part of Ergolain's strategy. We have set a goal to triple the number of sustainable projects this year and increase the basket of sustainable products by 3%.
- We invest in employee education. The team gets acquainted in detail with sustainability trends, products, sustainable solutions in the projects developed by the company.
- While interacting with customers, we are constantly providing alternatives to replace conventional products with more sustainable ones, and we note that old furniture does not always need to be discarded, and sometimes only cleverly refurbished.
- We have added the Be Green table to the basket of Ergolain furniture. During production, both the tabletop and the drawer unit are cut from one sheet of material. In this way, the production waste is only 5.97%. By comparison, scrap usually accounts for about 20 percent.
- A study by the investment bank Goldman Sachs shows that the value of leading companies in sustainable management practices is 25%. higher, and the success index is as high as 75 percent than organizations that do not support such a strategy.
Sustainability is the new business language and the only way to stay on the business map. Ergolain encourages to start the journey to sustainability now.